The Accounting pathway prepares students to provide technical administrative support to professional accountants and other financial management personnel, to use accounting principles to complete the steps of the accounting cycle, and to complete various other accounting duties.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Office Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$39,850/year
- Accounting Clerk—$41,230/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam